Large items, such as furniture pieces, are shipped ground freight with curbside delivery.
The items are boxed and secured to a wood pallet, then shipped using a freight company. Shipping times are 1-2 weeks, depending on the destination.
Curbside Freight Delivery Service:
Curbside delivery service provides delivery of your large order to the end of your driveway. This service is completed by one person, does not include bringing anything inside (including the garage), set up or assembly of products, or removal of packaging materials.
- Your item will be shipped to a local delivery terminal.
- The delivery terminal will call you when your order arrives to schedule a date and time you can be home to receive and sign for it.
- Consider planning to have a friend, family member, or hired help available to help you the day you receive your freight order.
- Your order will be delivered on a lift gate truck and will be taken off the truck by the driver.
- Inspect your order carefully, please read notes about damaged merchandise below.
- Storage fees may apply if the appointment cannot be made in a timely manner. We will notify you if this becomes an issue.
- Pickup from the terminal is sometimes available if you're unable to be home during operating hours. If this interests you, discuss this option with the freight company when they call you to set up the delivery appointment.
- Please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org before your order ships if you live down a road or driveway that a large delivery truck may not be able to access. If the driver is unable to complete the delivery because we weren't notified of your remote location beforehand, you will be responsible for any additional charges that arise to store and/or make delivery to your destination possible.
It is imperative that you inspect freight deliveries thoroughly when they arrive. Take the time to note any and all damage to the packaging materials and furniture on the delivery receipt. Do not sign any shipping or delivery receipts without recording in detail any visible damage. Examples of delivery damage could include but are not limited to a crushed, punctured or damp box, a scratched, gouged, dented, cracked, or torn furniture.
Upon inspection of the delivery, if you find that your merchandise is damaged, you may choose to refuse the delivery. Damages to freight deliveries must be reported to Random Acts of Art at the time of delivery. You may contact us at email@example.com. Random Acts of Art and it's artists cannot be held responsible and will be unable to assist you in repair or replacement of damaged merchandise via freight delivery if the package and product is not thoroughly inspected and documented at the time of delivery.
Returns for handmade furniture:
It is our goal to make your online purchase simple and enjoyable. If you receive an item that does not meet your expectations, within reason as all of our furniture art is made-to-order by hand and will vary slightly from the original photo, you may return the item for a refund or exchange within 15 days of receiving your order. To initiate a return, please notify Random Acts of Art by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the reason for your return. We will only process returns that have been authorized by our Online staff.
When Returning Handmade Furniture:
- Please retain the original packaging materials.
- All returned items must be received by us in their original condition.
- All returns are subject to a 10% restocking fee.
- The customer is responsible for return shipping charges unless the merchandise arrived damaged or defective.
- We advise you to insure all return shipments for protection against loss or damage as any repair necessary from the return shipment are the customer's responsibility.
- Shipping fees for the original shipment are non-refundable unless the merchandise arrives damaged or defective.